The School of International Education of Wuhan University is a specialized school in charge of the enrollment, admission, administrative affairs of the international students, and is also the school of Wuhan University qualified for independent enrollment of Chinese Government Scholarship/ "Study in Wuda" Scholarship of Graduate Program.
In order to attract more outstanding students from renowned universities globally, while being supported by Chinese Government and approved by Chinese Scholarship Council, our university would provide full scholarships to excellent students from all over the world for Master’s and Doctoral Programs.
Supporting Categories, Duration and Instruction Language
1. This scholarship only supports master’s students for no more than 3 years or doctoral students for no more than 4 years.
2. Duration of the scholarship, which covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, as specified in the Admission Letter, cannot be extended in general.
3. Scholarship students can register for either Chinese-taught program or English-taught program if applicable.
http://admission.whu.edu.cn can help you find your interested program and information.
Eligibility of applicants
1. Full time Master and Doctoral Program applicants of non-Chinese nationality and in good health;
2. Applicants who apply for a master degree should be under 35 years old and have a bachelor's degree;
3. Applicants who apply for a doctoral degree should be under 40 years old and have a master's degree;
4. This program generally does not support registered students who are studying in China.
Applicants who have already completed degree study in China should graduate for more than 1 year.
Scholarship coverage and criteria
1. Tuition waiver;
3. Living allowance: (PHD 3500RMB/per month, Master 3000RMB/per month);
4. Medical insurance.
More details could be found at http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=3056
Procedure of application
1. Register and submit your online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students at http://laihua.csc.edu.cn. Wuhan University code is 10486. Download and print a hard copy of the completed “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship”.
2. Register and submit your online application at Wuhan University Online Application System for International Students at http://admission.whu.edu.cn, submit online the completed “Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University” and other application documents required as follows, download and print a hard copy of the completed application form.
3. Send 2 sets of the necessary documents as below to Wuhan University by DHL or EMS.
The application documents should be bound according to the following order.
Application documents (all in duplicate)
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship(written in Chinese or English), the form should be signed.
2. Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University(written in Chinese or English), the form should be signed. 3. Notarized highest diploma(degree certificate) and transcripts: to be issued directly by the educational administration office of the school/university, with an official stamp. Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status, expected degree certificate and graduation date.
Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations. (Bachelor’s Degree diploma is required for master programs and Master’s Degree diploma is required for doctoral programs);
4. Study Plan, 800 words or above, written in Chinese or in English;
5. Two Recommendation Letters from either professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English;
6. Scanned copy of valid passport;
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form(photocopy),filled in English or Chinese .The Physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months. Please keep the original copy of the Form for the school registration.
8. Valid HSK certificate( if available), as for Non-native English applicants, valid English level certificate is required if applying for English taught program (e. g TOEFL or IELTS).
9. Acceptance Letter from the professor of Wuhan University(if available).
1. All documents should be submitted in two hard copies by DHL or EMS (The diploma and transcripts should be original or notarized ones).
2. Each set of documents should be bound in above-mentioned order, the un-completed application documents or wrong university code information will not be accepted.
3. Whether accepted or not, the documents will never give back. Application date: From February 10 to March 31 The qualified Applicants will be informed of the evaluation result around the beginning of May, and the final result of scholarship winners will be informed in the middle of June.
The official admission document will be delivered from late June. Others:
1. scholarship will not be reserved if the scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
2. Scholarship students must take an annual evaluation;
3.Scholarship students shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant.
Post Address: Ms. Yuan Quan, 1101 Office, Admission office of School of International Education, Wuhan University, Hubei Province, P. R. China Post code: 430072
Website for application step 1/scholarship information: http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/
Website for application step 2/program information: http://admission.whu.edu.cn